Worksite Evaluation and Injury Prevention Program
The CMS WorkSmart program is a multifaceted evaluation and prevention process that analyzes job specific environments and activities that contribute to acute injury and cumulative trauma stresses!
- Ergonomic Worksite Analysis (Office & Industrial)
- Back and Neck Schools
- Get Up and Move (GUM) program
- ISA – Interval Stretch Approach
- Performed by a Physical Therapist (experts in body mechanics, prevention and care)
- Ergonomics is NOT the only component of work place safety!
- Work behaviors
- Posture habits
- Work fitness level
- Body/lifting mechanics
- $1 of every $3 of workers compensation costs are spent on work-related musculoskeletal injuries.
- Musculoskeletal disorders (MSD’s) account for >55% of all work comp claims and 65% of all work comp costs.
- Repetitive musculoskeletal injuries like carpal tunnel syndrome have become the nation’s leading workplace health cost (62% of claims).
- Most employers are reactive to work place injuries. THIS FOCUS MUST SHIFT!
Cory Schneider is a licensed Physical Therapist and owner of Case Management Specialists, Inc. Cory’s expertise in musculoskeletal dysfunction, rehabilitation, body mechanics and ergonomics affords the key components to assessing and creating safe work environments. Case Management Specialists has been providing safety assessment and prevention, utilization review, case management and disease management services to a variety of industries for the past 14 years.